Saturday, March 25, 2017

Uh Oh

I've been working on this project for 2 weeks, but its just now hitting me. I've recently been overcome with an intense amount of fear and worry. This project is the reason why. I think that's why I've been putting off certain aspects of it, but those aspects will no longer be neglected. I've really got to get going. I'm worried my finished product won't be what I want it to, but I'll never know unless I do it, right?

Alright, that's enough of my worrying for today. I took a journey to Barnes and Nobles today. I went over to the magazine section marked "Music" and envisioned my magazine sitting up there. Just kidding. Not really... The point I'm trying to get at here is that I looked at a variety of magazines and some inspired me, some didn't. I found that in a few magazines, there was an overwhelming amount of text. After speaking to several consultants, we agreed that too much text and no pictures was not very enticing. I picked up a Pink Floyd Collectors Edition magazine and found that it had a really nice balance of text and photos. 

Example:

  

Since I'm only doing a two page spread, I need to feature more text than this. I think I'm going to go with two columns on both pages. I've sketched out some layouts that follow two columns, so I'll upload them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment