Saturday, March 18, 2017

Researching Software

It's time I start thinking about how I'm actually going to bring this magazine to life. I went to youtube to research ways to create a magazine via Apple's Pages. While looking for tutorials, I was constantly coming across videos that talked about InDesign. I found this incredible tutorial. This man shows step by step how he created a magazine cover for Mixmag. This is so useful in learning about InDesign. InDesign seems very popular amongst magazine creators, because it was the main software I saw being used. There are so many aspects to it that seem like they will be beneficial to the making of my magazine. While watching multiple tutorials, I saw that all these creators were using intricate grids to help them place text and photos appropriately. They also stressed the importance of using the gutter along with the grid and making sure space was left for margins. They pointed out that using the same measurements for everything was important to make it seem like everything had its own place.

InDesign seems like a much more advanced software than Pages, but I think I'll be able to work well with it after some practice. I really believe it will better my project, since many professionals use it. Of course, I am no professional and will not be able to produce a project as fast and nice as the guy in the video, but I want to mess around with it and hopefully get the hang of it quickly!

P.S. Who do I thank for all the free software trials?







No comments:

Post a Comment