Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Research Continues

When it comes to creating my magazine, I know I'm going to have to rely on multiple softwares. For that I've been researching basic Photoshop skills. I've only used photoshop a few times, so I'm not expert, but I've found this great tutorial that shows how to completely transform a photo. The editor actually photoshopped a mans body into a different background to enhance the photos quality. This may be useful if I want to go a creative direction for some of my photos.

Another video I found is an introduction to different magazine layouts. From the video I learned that it's important to have your spread title stand out, so it catches the readers attention. He also talked about the importance of having breaks. My breaks he means photos or call outs, which are enlarged quotes from the article. I gather they're important in catching consumers attention. With these enlarged quotes, readers are able to get a sense of what they're going to read, before they actually read it. He also reminded me of the tiny squares used after the last sentence of the article to clarify the articles end.

These videos are assisting me with the knowledge I need to create a proper magazine. Photoshop is a very handy editing tool that I will be able to use for photos and probably have to use to edit my masthead. The second video gave me great tips for small details in my magazine.

Citations:
J. (2010, November 08). Introduction to Magazine layouts.mp4. Retrieved March 21, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JBuCSgbZw&app=desktop
Photoshop Photo editing | Background changing | Walking in the road. (2016, September 24). Retrieved March 21, 2017, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd8GbniQ-lM&app=desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment