Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Start Of It All

I am so excited to be starting this project! I've been thinking about topics I could create my magazine around, but I think its a no brainer. Music. Music is such a big part of my life and means so much to me, so creating this magazine would be so fun for me. Since I've already easily decided my magazine topic, the next big step is thinking of a name. I've been pondering the idea of naming my magazine after a song I like and I think its a pretty good idea.

Prospective names:

- Lithium                    - Disarm
- Pink                         - Adhesive
- Ramble                    - Creep
- Sliver                       - Kashmir
- Codex                      - Sin
- Plush                       - Starla
- Zephyr                    - Crush
- Scar Tissue             - Glide

Most of these songs are from Artists of the rock genre. I tend to gravitate towards rock when I listen to music. They come from artists like Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana, Soundgarden, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, and a few others. With that being said, I'd like for my magazine to focus on rock music, but possibly venture out to other alternative bands and musicians. I think my biggest inspiration will end up being Rolling Stone magazine.  I've already looked up some of their archived front covers and picked a few that have the look I'm going for.  They have this website (http://www.rollingstone.com/coverwall) that has tons of archived covers from the 1960's to 2013. This is probably where I will refer back to for inspiration.

 

Citations:
"Rolling Stone Magazine Covers Archive." Rolling Stone. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Mar. 2017.





No comments:

Post a Comment