Sunday, March 12, 2017

Getting Inspired...

I've been researching other magazines that I could pull inspiration from and I'm really happy with my findings! I've found BBC Music Magazine, NME, Alternative Press, and Clash. What I've found to be really interesting about NME Magazine is that they've recently been changing the look of their covers. In the past, all of their covers consisted of NME in block letters located at the top left of the cover. Now, they've been exploring more creative directions for their covers. They do have some past covers that do have an artistic take, but the majority of past covers are like the ones shown.

More recent covers:

- June 26, 2016                                                         - October 13, 2016

                   


Older covers:              

- May 23, 2014                                                       - July 26, 2013

                    

Alternative Press, BBC, NME, and Clash all focus heavily on just music. Rolling Stone tends to focus on music as well as pop culture. I think I'd like to keep my magazine mainly focused on music as I stated in my previous post.

Oh! I've narrowed down my lengthy list of potential names to a measly 5. The winners are...
Sliver, Pink, Plush, Codex, and Kashmir

Citations:
- NME Weekly Archives. (2017, March 07). Retrieved March 12, 2017, from http://www.nme.com/magazine/issue-type/nme-weekly


No comments:

Post a Comment