Friday, March 17, 2017

New Discoveries

Today I have discovered the power of Pinterest. As I ponder ideas for my magazine layout and front cover, I search through Pinterest. There are so many different examples of magazine spreads, layouts, covers, etc. My Pinterest board is now home to all these magnificent ideas, but one idea really stood out. It is this one:


My eye was immediately drawn to the shine and drip of the lettering. I really enjoy this look and find it marvelous how the text forms around the dripping/melting effect. I think something like this could flow really well with the theme I want to accomplish for my magazine.

Aside from my discovery of Pinterest, I have some potential musicians that I can feature in my two page spread. I talked to a member from one of the local bands to see if I could interview and photograph his band. The member complied with excitement. I think it'll be really interesting if I'm able to feature a real band in my magazine, especially since they're fellow classmates. Their feature would probably include an interview and a summary of what kind of music they play. I think I might decide to do an extra spread, so I can include more photos. I say I need to include another spread, because I would like to have one giant photo of the band on the first spread. I would like to do this because I think it'll be visually pleasing to readers and they'll be able to see the band up close while getting personal with them.

In regard to my cover, I think I'm going to feature a friend who happens to be a soloist. Most magazine covers I've seen usually show just one musician, whether or not they're in a band. It'll work out well since customers are drawn to photos where eyes peer into theirs.


No comments:

Post a Comment