Saturday, April 1, 2017

Photoshootin'

Today I finally interviewed and shot the band I've been talking about! May they rest in peace. That joke was much better in my head...

Wow okay I really sound like an adult trying to crack a joke with their teenage child.

Anyway, I took a bunch of pictures of the band Deep Seas. I also interviewed them, though it didn't feel like an interview. I have a class with the guitarist, but we've never had a conversation longer than 5 minutes. As for the lead singer and drummer, I'd never met them before today. They were so incredibly kind and it felt as if I'd hung out with all of them before.

The joke keeps getting worse the more I read it. I'm embarassed.

ANYWAY, I spent about 2 hours with them. I'm ashamed to say I asked some of the most cliche questions to exist, but it's not like they've gone through any crazy experiences together. After all, we're only high schoolers.

I was sort of taken aback when I first got to Anish's house, because the room they practice in isn't very big. Due to the lack of space and odd lighting, it was hard to get the shots I wanted. I might try to go to one of their gigs to get more, but I'd be cutting it a little too close. We'll see what happens.

I'm going to see if I can edit them on VSCO and Lightroom to make them look better, but I'm not sure how it'll go.

Below are some unedited photos from the interview. In all honesty, I'm not too happy with them. The environment was just not ideal to get the photos I had in mind.





No comments:

Post a Comment