Saturday, April 8, 2017

Cover Uncovered

I bet you're wondering why I haven't shot my cover photo yet... Me too. 

It's been really difficult scheduling this shoot, since the friend I previously spoke of, Juan, is also taking AICE Media Studies. He's doing the film opening and has been really busy. I would use a different photo or even a different person, but he just has this certain look to him that I really think will complete my magazine. 

I've actually put my cover concept together using a photo of Jim Morrison. (Some people think Juan bares a resemblance to Jim, so I thought it would be fitting.) (Also, it's Jim, so...)

  

This is basically what my magazine cover is going to look like. I'm going to reduce the size of the masthead. I feel like it's too large and the top of the "P" is actually touching the border I created, which is a no.

I'm really happy with how my cover looks. I'm excited for it to be complete with my own photo. I'm going have Juan do a similar pose, so the masthead is more exposed. I'm keeping it for clean & simple, like I've been wanting to keep my magazine and I think I accomplished that without having to make it look too plain. I still have to add the little details of course, but this is the gists of what it'll look like!

I'd say my magazine resembles the Rolling Stone Special Issues more than anything. I'm still debating if I should add a few cover lines to fully stray away from this idea, but we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment